CyberMonday Shopping? GivingTuesday Gifting?
Please remember Family Life Services this holiday season
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice, 365 days per year! AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know — same products, same prices, same service.
Help support Ann Arbor Area’s 2019 Favorite Place to Volunteer* by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
You can help FLS reach young women facing unplanned pregnancies in Washtenaw and Wayne Counties. On Giving Tuesday, join our Facebook friends in raising $3,000 to fund FLS research and data collection to improve our online engagement with abortion-vulnerable high school and college-age women. Facebook doubles your gift if donated early, starting at 8:00 am EST, and Amazon Smile Foundation donates 0.5% of your purchase value to our organization.
Ways to help out!
We are grateful for all gifts you provide to help us serve our clients.
* Our faithful volunteers helped vote us Ann Arbor Family Press Magazine’s 2019 Favorite Place to Volunteer back in the spring.
Our Mailing Address
Family Life Services of Washtenaw County, 840 Maus Avenue, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
It takes $20,000 a month to keep the clinic open and provide our current programming for women and babies. Donations to Family Life Services, a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity, are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Your partnership with this Christian ministry saves lives, strengthens families, and continues to provide a sanctuary for the women in this community. Your contribution is a lasting legacy supporting this life-affirming ministry.
To help support us with a monetary donation, click the button to go to our Online Donation Site to make a secure online donation, or
text to give by dialing (734)359-7883 and entering the amount you’d like to donate in the message line. (Use decimal point.) You will be taken to our secure donation site to complete your donation.
COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Kroger Community Rewards
When you enroll in Kroger’s Community Rewards program, all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card, and Kroger gives a small percentage of your purchase back to FLS! Choose Family Life Services of Washtenaw County as your charity, Organization No. FD142.
OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
We have created an Amazon wish list of the things we need to keep the clinic and office staff as productive as possible and would greatly appreciate anything you feel called to provide for the use of the staff and volunteers at the Center.
MATERIAL SUPPLIES & EQUIPMENT
FLS provides necessary supplies, clothing, and equipment for expectant and new mothers and babies. These items are donated by our generous community members. Check back here to find out what our current needs are or call the center at 734-434-3088.
CURRENT MATERIAL GOODS NEEDS
- We have urgent need for diapers, sizes 4, 5 & 6, baby wipes, hygiene items, and diaper rash ointment.
- New winter clothes for boys and girls, sizes 12 months to 4T.
- New or gently used High chairs
- Preemie clothing
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME
Thanks to the generosity of our community, sometimes we receive more material goods donations than we have room for. When we run out of room, we share your gifts with other programs in the community.
CURRENTLY NOT KEEPING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- 6-9 mos. summer and winter clothing
- Summer Clothing, sizes 12 & 18 mo and 6T
- Summer Clothing size 0-3 months
- Winter Clothing sizes 0-9 months
- Breast Pumps
- Toys (except new and like-new baby/toddler educational toys, teethers, and board books and puzzles)
- Bouncy seats
- We cannot provide used car seats to our clients by law.
- Based on the safety recommendations of pediatricians, we do not provide rolling walkers for our clients.
BONUS!! If you register on Smile.Amazon.com with FLS selected as the cause you support and use smile.amazon.com to do your shopping, the AmazonSmile Foundation will make a small donation of a portion of your purchases to FLS, too!
ONGOING FAITH SUPPORT NEEDED
Lift us up in prayer daily. We believe it is the best gift you can give this ministry and those we serve.
Join our Prayer Team. You will receive our list of monthly prayer requests to raise our voices to God together. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive our monthly prayer requests.
Weekly Volunteers needed to serve clients.
Volunteers who want to serve clients in the Early Pregnancy Clinic or Parenting Resource Center working with our clients as:
- parent education support
Weekly volunteers for administrative & marketing support.
- social media support
- data entry
- event coordinators
- Help coordinate “on-the-job training” of counselors and receptionists.
The work at FLS cannot happen without you, the donors, and the daily, weekly, and occasional volunteers. No matter what your time, talents, and abilities are, there is a need for YOU at FLS.
See our ongoing and one-time needs below. If you would like to contribute using a talent we don’t have listed, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know. We are grateful for all givers and servers!
Volunteers Needed for Monthly Service Days
We try to schedule a volunteer workday monthly at the center. These are great opportunities for anyone who needs to fulfill service hour requirements. If you or your group would like to staff one of our service days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Request a call about scheduling your group or ask to be added to the email notices we send out when a service day is planned.
Types of work needed at service days:
- Newsletter preparation
- Repairs and maintenance
- Donation processing
- Fundraiser preparation
Skills and Talents needed at Family Life Services
One-time and occasional recurring volunteers with these special skills:
- Install phone & electrical outlets
- Carpentry: Create computer workstation and large-item storage (cribs, strollers, etc)
- Webpage redesign and maintenance
- Rake, sweep, and trim vegetation around our parking lot and yard (4x/yr).
- Poison ivy removal, weeding, mowing, edging, mulching
- Data entry
- Newsletter editing quarterly
- Bring a group of people to help prepare newsletters for mailing (4x/yr)
- Internet content blockers and malware blocker installation on existing computers
- Shared drive installation and install back up battery
- Planning team and committee support for our Walk for Life fundraiser.
- Planning team and committee support for our Annual Gala.
- Committee support for our Baby Bottle Boomerang Campaign.
- Parking lot repair
- Cleaning team (3 person hours each week)
- Create tri-lingual (English/Spanish/Arabic) and pictograph signs for the center
- Finance team: help prepare bank deposits and document donation data entry.
- Editor for 35th Anniversary interviews of clients, volunteers, and staff for monthly posting on FLS blog/vlog (Ideally create a small book or devotional to give community members in 2020.)
- Organize end-of-summer new sign celebration and request donations for prizes to give away from local businesses.
- 10 hours/week administrative assistant
- Develop a material goods donation tracking system using existing software & database
- Coordinate summer and winter bulk mailing
- Write thank you notes and condolence notes
- Carpet and furniture cleaning
- Help organize a retreat day for our FLS community
- Organize food for our monthly volunteer service days and quarterly new volunteer training
- Coordinate an annual breakfast at FLS Center for pastors and staff members of our partner churches.
- End-of-Summer (August/September) Ice Cream Social/Block party organizer & team
- Strategic Planning
- Job Search Team
- 1 year paper-to-digital shepherd
- Server Help
- Ultrasound Replacement research
- Architect/Engineer Kitchen/Sonogram Room/Basement Office Space/Material Goods Storage space redesign
- Major Donor development lead
- Environmentally Friendly Parking Lot/Roof feasibility Research
- Lead campaign to get sidewalks installed in our neighborhood
Lifeskills and Parenting Education Program & Share Group
Growing Together Classes
Sr. Gail Lancaster, our education coordinator, and several dedicated volunteers have begun a new season of classes for our moms.
We need more assistants in this ministry to help with running classes, processing material goods requests, and childcare for clients while attending classes and share group.
If you feel called to help out (or just investigate the possibility) with this ministry, please call or email the education coordinator at email@example.com or register on our registration page. Your assistance helps even if you only commit to helping for a few classes.