Is God calling you to join us in this life-affirming work? Family Life Services of Washtenaw County is a Christian pro-life 501(c)3 non-profit ministry. We empower women to make informed, life-affirming choices by providing free: pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, education on pregnancy options, resources and referrals. FLS offers baby and maternity supplies, parenting classes, support for healthy relationships, individualized care for women who have experienced pregnancy loss through miscarriage or abortion, and a scripture-based peer sharing group. We are a donation and volunteer-based charity serving the greater Ypsilanti area for 34 years. We are committed to creating a welcoming ministry that includes community members with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe this supports us in living our Christian values and serving our diverse clients. Qualified applicants from historically underrepresented communities, veterans, and those who speak Arabic or Spanish are encouraged to apply. Applicants needing an accommodation due to a disability may contact us via email.
Job Description Position: Development ManagerReports to: Executive Director Compensation: $14/hr, paid bi-weekly Hours per week: 10 – 15 hours Benefits: No Paid Time Off, No Medical Benefits The position carries a high level of responsibility for growing and nurturing our relationship with major donors, supporting congregations, supervising fundraising events/lead volunteers, and online giving to support an annual operating budget of $280,000.
- Follow the Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Handbook and all of the guiding principles of Family Life Services’ Christian ministry.
- Keep informed about life-affirming and pro-life issues.
- Participate in Family Life Services events, including training, appreciation, volunteer, staff and fundraising events.
- Cultivate a positive team work ethic. Embody and communicate a client-focused mission in upbeat, helpful ways.
- Attend board and committee meetings as requested.
- Cross-training, special projects and other duties as assigned.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Assist the Executive Director in the formulation of an annual fundraising plan, fundraising events calendar and schedule for donor communications in order to maximize contributions and minimize costs.
- Establish reporting and contribution metrics to set appropriate goals and accurate measures of success in the areas of donor retention, major gifts, securing new donors and the success of fundraising events.
- Work closely with the Office Manager/Finance Data Entry volunteer to ensure that donation processing and reporting systems are effective and accurate.
- Measure the effectiveness of all donor communications.
- Secure underwriters and monitor budgets and expenses for fundraising events, programs and mailings.
- Set goals for fundraising events, including the Annual Gala and Walk for Life, supervise and support lead event volunteers to execute event plans and accomplish pre-established event goals.
- Develop and carry out major fundraising campaigns (i.e. capital campaign, matching gift drives) and advances major gifts to meet pre-established goals.
- Strategically plan and build relationships with potential private donors and cultivate current relationships with established private donors to meet pre-established goals.
- Communicate diversified fundraising options to donors and ensure that donations are labeled and processed in a way that optimizes meeting organizational needs while still enabling the sharing of the direct impact of funds received.
- Supervise and collaborate closely with finance data entry volunteers, social media/webpage volunteers, lead Baby Bottle Boomerang volunteer, lead communications volunteer, graphic design volunteers, and lead event volunteers to accomplish those responsibilities and serve as backup, if needed.
- Seek out fundraising and sponsorship opportunities by supporting the lead Baby Bottle Boomerang volunteer, working with church liaisons, other pro-life groups, business partners and community organizations.
- Professionally represent the organization through prepared presentations.
- Research grant opportunities and assists the Executive Director with grant writing strategy. Writes grant requests as assigned.
Critical Skills/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Non-profit Management or Business, or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2 years fundraising experience.
- Exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once and work well under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High expectations for quality work while requiring little supervision.
- Well-versed in donor-centric language.
- Ability to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse personalities.
- Collaborates well across department functions.
- Excellent writing skills, including proofreading and verbal communication skills.
- Non-profit, small company or grant writing experience preferred.
- Online fundraising experience over multiple platforms preferred.
- Very limited travel and some evening/weekend hours for annual events/speaking engagements required.
- Background check and credit check required.